Avast antivirus users often complain that software is blocking other important programs, websites, or even hardware on your system. Antivirus informs them that a certain program is a threat and contains a virus, although users are 100% sure that it is not dangerous in any way. This is a malfunction that needs to be corrected. And in this article, we will tell you how to add programs to the list of exclusions on Avast antivirus so that your programs function without interruption.
What are Avast exclusion lists?
The Avast exclusion list, also known as the whitelist, is a special environment in which you can add programs and links so that the antivirus does not regard them as a threat. It is important that you fully trust these programs and therefore it will not be superfluous to double-check this or that process. This procedure is necessary when your antivirus starts blacklisting the most important things, including games. Below we will provide detailed instructions on how to add programs, links, processes, or equipment to avast exceptions.
How to use the global exclusion list
Using the exclusion list can be your ideal solution to the problem if you want Avast to stop scanning and blocking certain applications and files. Apart from this, you can also whitelist domains, websites, and URLs. In order to do this you should:
- Click on the Avast icon and enter the menu, click on the “gear” and go to the settings
- Go to the “general” tab and find the “exclusions” option
- After that, you need to include the path to the component you need in the list of exclusions
After that, Avast will no longer restrict your access to applications and links that you add to the list.
Global exclusion for programs, files, and folders
This method will come in handy if you want to remove your chosen shield from Avast. You can exclude any shield from mail to game shield. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the main menu of the Avast antivirus and enter the “control panel” and click on settings
- Among all the options existing there, select “active protection”
- After that, find the desired name of the shield, depending on what you want to transfer, and select the “customize” button
- Find the menu among the exceptions and add the ones you want to ignore
- You can even specify a specific time at which these exceptions will apply, for example, while you are performing certain processes (typing, reading, etc.)
Global Exception for Web Pages and URLs
Avast antivirus can also restrict your access to the Internet, to some websites, so if you do not want to lose access to your favorite site from which you watch movies / TV series or read e-books, you can add it to the Avast exclusion list. Here’s what you need to do for this:
- Again, enter the Avast main menu and select the “Settings” parameter
- Go to the “General” tab and then find the “Exceptions” option and click on it
- After a new window opens in front of you, you must find the department for URLs and enter the name of a specific site in a special line, then confirm your action
- Repeat this process several times if necessary and you’re done