The public data set in data-driven systems is called corporate data. The corporate data is a model of the subject area of the information system.
The Best Way of Protecting Corporate Information
The development of computer technology and information technology has provided opportunities for the creation and widespread use of automated information systems for various purposes. Information systems for managing economic and technical facilities, model complexes for scientific research, design, and production automation systems, all kinds of simulators and training systems are being developed and implemented.
There are two main prerequisites for the creation of such systems:
- Development of methods for the design and operation of systems intended for collective use.
- The ability to collect, store and process a large amount of data on real objects and phenomena, that is, equipping these systems with “memory”.
Protecting corporate information is a prerequisite for ensuring the safety of the company and its employees. Information is the basic asset of an organization. It is present in different forms: work technologies, contacts, archives, internal regulations, personal data, etc. And, of course, it is necessary that the information be available to those who are involved in the work of the organization and use its services, and is not available to attackers, unscrupulous competitors, and just idle burglars.
To effectively organize the protection of databases, technical and organizational measures must be taken at all levels: from the architecture and configuration of the IT infrastructure and the configuration of the network in general to the rules of user behavior. The main measures for protecting databases are password protection (a separate article is devoted to it), data protection in tables, differentiation of access to databases, and encryption. The following measures affect the security of data in the database:
- data reliability control;
- control of the integrity of the table by protecting the links between its fields and records;
- controlled and regulated collective use of network databases.
The loss of corporate information leads to material losses, reputational losses and can call into question the very existence of the organization, therefore its protection becomes one of the main functions of the life support and development of the organization. It consists of comprehensive protection of all components of the information infrastructure: internal databases, communications, web traffic, users’ computers. How to protect them in such a way as to prevent losses or at least minimize them?
The Recommendation on Protecting Your Data from Information Silos
To protect your corporate data, it is recommended to use the data room online that will help you to:
- Provide information needs of external users.
- Provide the ability to store and modify large amounts of multifaceted data.
- Ensure the specified level of reliability of the stored data and their consistency.
- Ensure that only authorized users can access the data.
- Provide data search for an arbitrary group of features.
- Satisfy specified performance requirements for query processing.
- Be able to reorganize when changing software boundaries.
- Provide the issuance of data to users in various forms.
- Provide simplicity and convenience for external users to access data.
Protection of your corporate data from information silos involves the combination of the systems and processes of the combined companies at the strategic and operational levels. The aim of this integration is to standardize and adapt work processes, which in turn means establishing communication between the two companies. In addition, it increases productivity and reduces information processing costs. The procedural view consists of the integration of legal and financial aspects, functional units, and strategic business units.